Monday, July 12, 2010

2nd to last day Stateside

Tim Blogs - Some Observations I have made as things wind down in the States and Cynthia and I prepare for departure:
  1. It feels wierd paying rent for an almost completely empty apartment
  2. It feels stupid running A/C for an almost completely empty apartment
  3. I Don't ever want to have to have enough stuff collected ever again to give me as much stress as having to sell and get rid of all my stuff has given me this last month.
  4. Feels really good being this mobile
  5. Why do people on Craigslist really want to buy my old junk....Really? I swear you could sell anything on Craigslist....absolutely anything! (Thanks God for the Help!)
  6. Garage sales can turn anyone into a Salesman!
  7. I have been taking "stomach snapshots" of all my favorite food hangouts and fantastic eats here in Wichita.
  8. Sitting out on the Deck in the sun, trying to acclimate a little to the Cambodia climate I will soon be in and very glad I am arriving in July and not April!
  9. Wondering how God is going to use Cynthia and I since He so clearly designed and orchestrated this whole affair over the last year.
  10. Wondering why I ever mistrust a God who has my best on His agenda every day. (yet sometimes I still do)
  11. Filled with Joy because my best friend, confidant, lover and wife is beside me and smiling into my eyes with the Love of the Lord as we embark on yet another adventure! Cynth, your the best!

3 comments:

  1. No, YOU'RE the best!!
    I love you so much and do not deserve your unconditional love for me; hey, kind of like God's unconditional for us huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are great! I love #7 Tim! What a great way to put it. #8 however, if you really want to get the feel, sit in the sun and have someone mist the air with hot water. The breezes are great, though. I'm sitting on the roof overlooking the market you will be staying near. I think I can even see the house you'll be staying at.

    Have a safe trip! #10 is soooo true also. Keep reminding yourself of that TRUTH when things aren't going the way you plan. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just got on your blog, and I'll probably be checking into it more often. Lesley Weiss here, we'll be working together at Logos, so can't wait to connect and hear your CAmbodia journey in detail. You're almost there by now, Dean will see you on your first day of inservice, but I'll see you Aug 5thish. Til then, take care and God Bless. PS I recall well getting rid of "stuff" as we departed as well for Cambodia, and resonate with #3 and 4. Don't worry about #9... you're going to be AMAZED! See you soon. Lesley

    ReplyDelete