Friday, April 8, 2011

Rats on a Plate...GREAT!

So Here is the infamous 12" Plate that has captured a rate behind the refrigerator. This is a Momma that was looking for a place to have some more little rats. She jumped out of the desk when I opened up a drawer and gave me a little bit of an adrenaline rush. I chased her down the hall with my Mosquito zapper raquet, trying to smack her, but she was much more scared than I was, and much quicker. I then was able to figure out that she was holed up somewhere behind the refrigerator washing machine area. This is no mans land under the stairs. No one goes in there unless they are crazy. So... out come the plates. I uses a strategy of identifying possible escape routes and placed my plates. The rat squeaking started of and on about 3 in the morning. upon going downstairs I found this big girl and another smaller one on a separate plate on the other side of the fridge. We took both plates, turned one over and kind of made a rat sandwich out of them. Cynthia has dutifully filled a plastic bag with water and was waiting for me as I deposited the mess in the bag. Wait for the required one minute and, viola', no more rats. Just another day in Cambodia. We are looking to upgrade our living situation in the future but that will cost some more money. However, Cynthia and I are getting real tired of our rat patrol duties and being woke up at night to rats screaming downstairs. Sleep is precious over here! So there you have it. For all of you who were asking what a rat plate is. Here you go.

1 comment:

  1. OH...my..........GOSH!
    two things:
    1. EWWW EW EW EW EW EW EW
    2. awww that poor mommy!!!!!! *sniff*

    ReplyDelete