Monday, April 18, 2011

First rain of the season

I am sitting here after having a time with some Caedmon's Call, worship and prayer time. And it just started pouring down rain outside. I opened up all the doors and then promptly stuck my rat sticky plates in front of all the doors, cause I know they are just waiting to run in to the Patelavang and say Hi to me... sinister little beasts! However, I digress. The breeze is like a gift from God. It was about 100 degrees today and with the humidity of the tropics it is really warm. This coolness just about makes one want to weep with gratitude. God is so good with the small things. It is these little blessings that you never take for granted anymore. Always will I look for the beauty of God's goodness upon earth and upon us as His creation. I really need to get to bed since I have an 8:00 class in the morning.. this morning. I just don't want to stop standing in front of the door and feeling the cool breeze blowing by me at about 30 miles an hour. Wow! Only downside is that we will probably encounter some pretty intense flooding tomorrow as everything for the last many months will be clogging up the drains in Phnom Penh... but right now.. LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment