Friday, April 8, 2011

God Cares For Us...

Well, we of course know this, but once again God shows us how He cares for even the little things in our lives. We are off work for a week - its Khmer (Cambodia) New Year. We are trying to save, save, save, for our trip home this summer, so we decided to not go anywhere this week. I was kind of bummed, cuz we didn't do anything the last holiday either. Trust me, after living in a third world country, you NEED to get away just to keep your sanity, to rest and refresh with the little comforts (like hot water, enclosed showers, aircon in your living room, no rats to deal with and peace and quiet, etc). There is no way you can understand or relate, until after you've lived in a country like Cambodia for more than 6 months. Short-term missions don't pay justice to true life here. Anyways...I digress... So, I was kind of feeling bummed, but accepted the fact cuz I am soooo looking forward to spending time with family in the States. And we're doing a lot traveling this summer, which takes lots of money! Well, here's the good part... Our high school principal's parents are visiting our fine city for a month. They are staying in some very nice apartments here in town. During this week off, they will be traveling to the beach some 5 hrs away with our principal, their son, and his family. Our principal asked us if we wanted to stay in the apt while they were gone!! We didn't even have to think about it; we just said yes! I went over there to check it out, see where it was, etc. Oh my gosh! There is an elevator! The apt we're staying in has 2 bdrms and 2 baths. One bthrm has an ENCLOSED shower and the other bthrm has a BATH TUB!! I'm not a bath person, but really? I will take a bath, just because I NEVER get them here and just because I can! :) And...there is HOT water! We don't have hot water at our own place. And...there is a t.v., WITH CABLE! We have neither of those too. And there is aircon in the living room too! ANd we don't have to pay for it! :) Oh my...such luxury!! As they were showing me around, it was actually funny. I kept saying how beautiful it was, how luxurious, and things like, "wow there's a t.v." "wow, an enclosed shower..." and of course there's internet, so we can still skype people while we're on vacation! There's a beautiful pool, with lush plants and trees all around it. And there's even a small work out room. I was planning on going to the school every day to swim laps; now I don't have to! So I just want to say, "Thank you God!" "Thank you! Thank you!" He really does care about the little things in our lives and does care for the emotional and mental aspects of our lives! He does want to bring good into our lives. Remember that...if you are feeling worried, or stressed, or down. He DOES care!! And He will work everything out! It may not be like we think or want, but He knows what's best for us and He will come through for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment