Friday, December 24, 2010

At the the Mall

We went to the mall today. Looked around for clothes for me - too expensive! I couldn't bring myself to pay those prices, too used to cheap clothes in markets in Cambodia. :) Had fun with Tim though. I'll either go to a market in Jakarta or get some in Bali.

Below are some pics of Rujak. I used to eat this from a street vendor when I was growing up in Jakarta. I couldn't believe I found it in the food court in the mall! Still tastes good. It's made with ripe and unripe fruit and vegys, cut up with a special sauce - brown sugar,something else and peanuts. Sooo yummy!

Here I am pointing to the Rujak stand in the mall. So excited to see it and had to make Tim try it too. He said it was edible, but he wasn't too impressed - he he he




Here she is below pounding the brown sugar, peanuts and whatever for the sauce.

And below is close up of the delicious dish!!

Here I am eating it...

Here below is a store in the mall...Tim had to take a pic of it and wanted me to stand in front of it -lol. don't worry, it has jewelry, etc. Kind of like Claire's Boutique or Icing, in the States.


The pics below are all of the carnival they had right there in the mall! Roller coaster and everything!

Some muslim women still wear the head covering

The roller coaster is over by the food court

See Tim waving at me

The following are pics in the food court:
McDonalds

Baskin Robbins

Smelly Durian fruit!
Look at the glass coke bottle!
Pretty Christmas decorations hanging down




























1 comment: