Monday, January 3, 2011

Hotel Indonesia

Hydrant! No such thing in Cambodia!


The following are pics from Hotel Indonesia - a hotel we kids used to go and swim at on the weekends. Now there is no pool and it is sooo much bigger! A mall inside too.

Restaurnat in the hotel


I tried to get a pic of the grocery store in the hotel, but they said no pics. So I sneaked one from the archway in the restaurant - that's fruit in the background, they had tons of fruit in this little grocery store



Mall inside the hotel














1 comment:

  1. I love all these pictures of Indonesia, Cynthia!! My parents lived there for years - after I graduated from Faith and was back in the US - but they were mostly in Ambon and Sulawesi. They did spend 2 years (maybe longer?) in Bogor when I was in 8th and 9th grade. I spent a Christmas (8th grade) and a summer there - in Bogor - the summer between my 8th and 9th grade. I think the Christmas break (or was it the summer break?) was when we met you and your family by "chance" at the Sumadra Beach Hotel. Remember that? : ) Think we might have also run in to you in Jakarta shopping before leaving for Faith Academy!

    Anyway, I remember trips in to Jakarta and what a treat it was to have coffee and some kind of pastry at the Hotel Indonesia! So I LOVED seeing these pictures!! I remember buying Toblerone candy there! SO special!!
    : ) Thanks for the memories!!

    ReplyDelete