Friday, January 7, 2011

Back Home

Well, we made it back to Cambodia safe and sound. Flight went smoothly and no delays, etc.
We came back to a dust-covered, spider-webbed apt and our neighborhood welcome committee began immediately making us feel right at home. There was of course a birthday party going on, so some young girl was singing karoake for a couple hours. This morning at 7 a.m. (so much for sleeping in on our first morning back) our friendly hammer drill guy went right to work to welcome us back. :) But he was nice about it and it only went on for about 15 minutes. Of course, by then you're wide awake and can't go back to sleep!

So we joined our good friends at our favorite breakfast place and sat and chatted for a couple hours. The weather was beautiful - a cool breeze! Probably low 70s :) It's cooler here than in Indonesia, which is closer to the equator. WEll, at least for now, since this is our "cool" season.
The mangos are all hanging from the trees around us at the restaurant, and we'll buy some when they ripen. :)

Tim is off to school to plan for the week; I fortunately had time to prep before vacation, so I stayed home and am blogging and watching movies on my laptop. Which is good, because I'm having some stomach issues right now. I took a deworming pill last night and it's causing my stomach to feel all knoted up and it hurts. Don't know if that's normal or not. We were told you just take one every 6 months just to make sure and we thought since we'll be resting and home this weekend, we'd just go ahead and take it now. :) Oooohhhh, not good....I was in bed by 8:20 p.m. last night. Oh well, I"m sure it'll be better by Monday!! :)

The last couple days of our vacation in Indonesia we just stayed put and relaxed and rested. Tim was sick on Tuesday and part of Wednesday. So we didn't get up to Puncak, a beautiful mountainous area where it's cold and you see many tea plantations. But that's ok, we walked to the mall and just rested. Probably good anyways. Tim says his favorite time was while in Bali. We did have a great vacation, busy, but fun. I loved talking Indonesian again and all kinds of words were coming back to me as I chatted in the mall and markets. It was nice to be able to not feel frustrated and to be able to speak the langugage. :) Tim said he actually learned more INdonesian in 2 wks there than we've learned Khmer in 6 months here! Indonesian is sooo much easier than Cambodian!

Well, I wanted to give ya'll an update. Going to get off now and watch some movies on my laptop. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment