Monday, February 7, 2011

Border Clashes/Fighting

Thai, Cambodian clashes resume at disputed border


We are not close at all to the Thai border and feel safe here in Phnom Penh, but please pray for this issue. Of course we are not the only country with protests and disputes, but this is closest to us. :)

It's been a busy month! Sorry we have been so lax on blogging but most of you have kept up with us on FB. :) I've been sick for the last 2 weeks - started out as a cold and ended up with a sinus infection. It's slowly clearing up. It doesn't help that I continue to go to school and work, but I've never been one to miss school unless I just can't get out of bed. :)

At school I've been helping to plan our yearly school Carnival!! It's been fun, but unfortunately I was too sick on Saturday to attend. Working all week took its toll and by Saturday I had to get some rest. I slept all day and most of the night and it was just what the doctor ordered. I rested on Sunday and did some laundry. But anyways...from what everyone has told me the Carnival was a huge success! I will post a blog later with just carnvial photos and videos :)

This month is a busy one for the third grade! Besides the carnvial, we also have a Valentine's party next Monday, Feb. 14. We always look for an excuse to have a party! :)

Feb. 16, 3rd graders get to lead chapel. Tim and I have misplaced our camera, so hopefully we'll find it by then, will be able to buy a new one, or I will have another teacher take pics. :)

Feb. 22 is our field trip to a zoo, an hour away. Fourth graders are coming with us :)
So we'll have a huge van loaded with about 48 students, 5 teachers and parent chaperones will have to take their own cars! :)

Feb. 25 is Field Day, of which I won't be there because Tim and I already planned our personal day on that day before I knew it was Field Day! But I have a substitute and will insist she take photos. So soon y'all will see many photos on future blogs!

After this month I will be able to breath freely for a bit. We get a few days off in March, then SATs begin late March, early April! Then after we're done with those, we get a whole week off! Whew!!! And after that we'll only have about 6 wks of school left and then we get to come home for 2 months!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I borrowed the video below from a fellow teacher - thanks Bob! I get to see this scene quite often outside my 2nd story classroom window. This was taken from his 3rd story window. :)
This guy is cheating though; he has a ladder attached to the tree. In West Papua New Guinea, where I was born, the villagers used to shimmy up the coconut trees with their bare feet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment