Friday, October 22, 2010

Cynthia here:
I thought I'd get a photo of my report cards. I mean how times do you see this? In all the years I've taught, I've never had a report card say "Kingdom of Cambodia". Wierd huh?
The report card goes into the brown envelope; the parents get to keep the report card and the brown envelope comes back to us signed and dated, ready to be used again for the second and third quarters.
It has a been a very busy week, crazier for Tim who has 6 classes and about 120 kids. Tim and I are glad that report card time is over with. We still can't believe over 9 weeks of school has flown by, yet we feel like we've been here for about a year already! :) I've heard other new teachers say that. We're not sure why that is; maybe because we're so busy and so much goes on here. Tim and I have been in Phnom Penh for 3 months now.
The weather is cooling off now. We THINK rainy season is over with. There's been not a clound in the sky for 2 days now. In December it really cools down, which probably means 70s in the mornings and evenings. LOL kind of like Tucson, AZ where we used to live, except with more humidity, even when it doesn't rain. :)
We have a week off in late Nov, during the week of Thanksgiving (for the States). We're trying to decide where to go. Probably the beach, since we haven't been there yet. Well, we'll see.
Well, I'm going to see if I read for a bit, then see if I can get my husband to go to Diamond Island where there's a food festival going on. It's like a little island in the big lake here. You take a ferry to it, I think, or maybe you can drive your moto over a bridge to it? No idea; we'll find out when we get there. It's right here in Phnom Penh. I think there's just markets there. I'm not sure what's it like, never been before. I'll let you know!
Over and out...

No comments:

Post a Comment