Friday, October 29, 2010

As close to Autumn as we'll get!

Wow!! What two beautiful days we've had here in Phnom Penh, Cambodia! Absolutely gorgeous weather!!

Yesterday was Parent Teacher conferences all day. I had my classroom door and windows open all day. Lovely strong breeze blowing through the classroom and did not need the A/C on at all!

Today, Sat., I put on shorts as usual and Tim and I got ready to head to the corner store for milk for breakfast. I opened up the door to the balcony and wow, it was beautiful! I felt cold, so I went and put on my capris instead. LOL. Now I'm sitting on my couch typing and the cool breeze coming in from the wide open windows and the wide open door feels delicious on my skin. There is light cloud cover and a light mist now and then. I feel refreshed. Thank you God for this nice surprise.

I looked up the weather on the BBC and it says we're supposed to have a high of 75 degrees F and a low of 72 tonight! Wahoo! I can even wear jeans tonight!! Funny how we get excited about the strangest things. It is usually too hot and humid too ever wear jeans here. It'll be closer to 80s the rest of the week, but this is nice for now. :) It is supposed to cool down here, especially in late Nov, Dec and Jan. Of course, "cool down" is relative. LOL
I say it's kind of like Autumn in Tucson, AZ. :) :) We never get winter here....

I have a Japan test to grade today and some planning to do, but not much. Started a good book, "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson. There is a series of 3 books. Very good - a murder mystery, financial intrigue, and family saga all rolled into one. This book is well read in the States. I'm borrowing it from a fellow teacher. I watched "Letters to Juliet" last night. Another teacher friend bought it at the market. You can get DVDs, CDs here for about a $1.00 at the markets. What a sweet romance. :)

Well, not much for now. Just wanted to give ya'll a quick update. Love to all our friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment