Friday, August 6, 2010

Beautiful Breezes

Cynthia here: I'm sitting here at my dining table (it's nice to have one again) enjoying the cool breezes coming in our door, windows and front door. We have all them open :) We just had a great one hour rain downpour and experienced our first tuk tuk ride in the rain! Fortunately the tuk tuk has flaps all around it, which doesn't keep all the rain out but definitely helps! After it rains at night, everything cools down for a while and it's quite lovely :)
Along with the cool breezes, I also get to experience the sounds and smells of Cambodia. The traffic two floors down in the street, the loud peppy dance music someone is playing out there, the vendors and neighbors chatting, the kids yelling and playing....what an interesting life we lead here. :)
We've had a busy and full week getting ready for school - starts Monday!! A week full of prepping and in-service. Tomorrow Tim and I have to go to school for a few hours to finish up, but other than that we are ready! I'll take pics my first day, of my classroom and the kids, and post them here ;)
Catch ya later...gotta go get ready for the Welcome back Teachers dessert tonight :)

1 comment:

  1. I remember being on the balcony just down the street from where you are staying watching a powerful storm. Looking out over the city before the storm, I could see a Buddhist temple not too far away. During the storm, the Buddhist temple had disappeared.

    You are so right! Right after the storm things cool down and the air is fresh again. Great time to sit and reflect on the power of God!

    In some ways I envy you being there. My whole family enjoyed Cambodia so much that they didn't want to leave. Doesn't mean things aren't difficult. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete